Melbourne Electrical Service I NEED A QUOTE I NEED A TECHNICIAN Residential Electrician Melbourne

Residential Electrician Melbourne

Home >> Services >> >> Electrical Service Melbourne

At CED Services Group, we also cater to residential properties. Our team is highly skilled and professional, with over 70 years of combined experience. We are a fully licensed business and all our electricians have their certifications in place. We know that electrical work can be hazardous, but with CED services, you do not need to worry about that. Our team always takes the time to sit down with the client to create a job safety assessment plan. This is done in order to create a safe environment for both our electricians and you.

Over the years, we have carried out electrical work at various residential properties across Melbourne’s South East, East & North. We have worked on apartments, townhouses, terrace homes, single dwellings of all sizes.

Our residential electrical services include:




  • Lighting

  • Power

  • Main switchboard

  • Meter panels

  • Cable trays

  • CT Chamber

  • Automation

  • CCTV

  • Intercom

  • Alarm

  • Maintenance


Does an electrician have to be licensed?

Yes, in Victoria.

Does the contractor need to have a REC license?

Yes, to perform work and provide a legitimate invoice they need to have a registered electrical company.

Does an electrician need to have public liability insurance?

Yes, to perform any maintenance, installation or testing, the contractor engaged must have insurance to limit liability from the customer.

What is a licensed ‘A’ grade electrician?

 A trained individual who can work to the following acts and conditions:

  • Electricity Safety Act
  • Electricity Safety (Installations) Regulations
  • Electricity Safety (Registration and Licensing) Regulations
  • AS/NZS 3000: Wiring Rules and all other standards applicable to your work including referenced sections of the Building Code of Australia (BCA)
  • The Victorian Electricity Distributors Service and Installation Rules

An electrician cannot carry out electrical installation work for profit, gain or reward, unless they hold a current Registered Electrical Contractor (REC) licence.

Get a Certificate of Electrical Safety

In Victoria, a Certificate of Electrical Safety (COES) must be provided within 30 calendar days of electrical installation work being carried out. This is to ensure compliance with:

Not providing a Certificate of Electrical Safety and not complying with the requirements outlined in these documents can result in fines and disciplinary action against electricians. Therefore, your A-Grade Electrician should provide you with a Certificate of Electrical Safety upon completion of work. If they do not, contact them and insist that one be provided. Should they refuse, you can raise a complaint with Energy Safe Victoria <>.

Ask your ‘A’ grade electrician about their license number.

All A-Grade Licensed Electricians are issued with an individual licence number. This licence number identifies your electrician as a registered and qualified service provider. It also entitles them to perform all electrical work without supervision in Victoria.

 If an electrician cannot produce a licence number upon request, then they may not be licensed. In which case, you should not contract them.

Why should you always use an A - Grade Electrician?

A-Grade Electricians are fully qualified electrical professionals. They are licensed to work unsupervised and to sign off on all electrical works on behalf of a Registered Electrical Contractor (REC).

 Choose A-Grade Licensed Electricians and you get:

  • A fully qualified electrical professional
  • The highest standards of electrical safety
  • A fully insured service provider:  we have $20 million coverage to enable work on larger properties.

When it comes to your business’ electrical wiring, it’s never worth taking chances. By employing an A-Grade Electrician, you can rest assured, knowing that the electrical systems in commercial property have been properly and safely installed by a licensed professional.

Our team has over 70 collective years of experience in commercial electrical contracting, which allows us to take on any project given to us. You can trust CED Services when it comes to professionality. We also cater our electrical services to residential properties and carry out electrical maintenance work as well. Additionally, we also provide communication cabling & fire protection services.

Contact us today

We service Melbourne’s South Eastern, Eastern & Northern suburbs. Call us today on 1300 233 669 or email us at Alternatively, you can fill out our enquiry form online & a member of our team will get in touch with you. 

Residential Electrician Melbourne Projects